Welcome to the Systems Analysis and Development, Skills section.
1. Boot processes. Apply cold, warm and hot boots.
2. Connect peripheral devices.
3. Install simple software.
4. Apply basic basic care and handling of hardware equipment.
5. Apply basic maintenance strategies and computer protection software.
6. Apply basic maintenance strategies and techniques to rectify a simple computer difficulty.
1. Analyse context diagrams.
2. Document an existing system.
3. Create context diagrams using Yourdon/DeMarco notation, as a part of the SDLC.
1. Analyse context diagrams and data flow diagrams
2. Apply context and data flow diagrams using Yourdon/DeMarco notation, as a part of the SDLC.
- create context diagrams
- create level 0 DFDs (max 4 processes), applying correct symbols and rules and defining system boundaries.
1. Apply data gathering techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools
2. Analyse user and system documentation, including: Gantt charts, PERT charts, context and data flow diagrams
3. Create user and system documentation as a part of the SDLC.
4. Apply context diagrams and data flow diagrams, using Yourdon/DeMarco notation, as a part of the SDLC
- detect errors in diagrams
- define system boundaries
- create accurate diagrams
- create Level 0 DFDs
- create Level 1 DFDs