- Purpose of IP in developing ICT Systems. 12 ATAR
What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- Intellect property is a term that refers to creations of the mind
- This can include inventions, literary and artistic work, designs, symbols, and even names and images used in business
- IP is protected by law through patents, copyrights and trademarks
What is the purpose of IP in ICT?
- IP is essential in protecting original ideas and creations
- New ideas arise daily in the ICT business
- IP allows us to protect these ideas by law and gain compensation if our creations are stolen
How do I protect my work?
- Copyright = this is applied by default when work is created
- Patent = this is an issued right for an invention that allows the creator to commercially exploit the invention for the life of the patent
- Trademark = this is a unique symbol or logo that differentiates your product or service from others
Step 6 - Worksheet and Practice (yet to be added)
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form