- Malware types; viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, spam and phishing
What is malware?
- Is software designed to MALfunction other softWARE
- It is software that people accidentally load onto computers by clicking links in emails, or other methods.
- Malware can be hidden inside a computer collecting information as the computer is used, or it can be aggressive and stop the computer from working.
- Software that can spread from computer to computer.
- It attaches itself to a file and spreads when that file is sent.
- It is usually an executable file, therefore needs to start up to do damage.
- It can delete files, reformat hard drives.
- Need humans to send files for a virus to spread.
- Similar to a virus, but doesn't need humans to send files.
- It can spread by itself, usually via email.
- An example is it can send a copy of itself to all people in your contacts list, then do the same to their contacts list, etc, etc
- Is unwanted software that comes into a computer usualy by clicking on an attachment in an email.
- When the link is clicked it saves a file to your computer that links back to a controller on the internet.
- This controller can then get banking passwords, other passwords, IP address and more.
- More from wikipedia
- Software that sneaks itself onto a computer and collects information without you knowing it is happening.
- It can gather your internet sites, log keystrokes to get passwords and more.
- Is an unwanted email.
- It can have advertising, links to phishing sites (see below) and spread more malware.
- Is collecting information from a website setup to look like a common website eg a bank.
- When the username and password is entered, it stores it and then uses your details to get into your bank account at your real bank website.
Found an error or have an enhancement? Please let us know via this contact form