Components of a design process to develop a digital product including; 11 GEN
- identify a need
- schedule of tasks (timeline)
- research ideas
- develop solutions
- test solutions
- modify and adapt
Project management is thinking carefully about how to achieve a short term goal. Then it involves considering how to achieve it.
Identify a Need
- look for a purpose for the digital product
- which person/group will need it; student services at school, a local football club
- why will they need it
- is it a website that a person would like to make
- is it a poster that a person needs to advertise an event
Schedule of Tasks
- brainstorm to see what tasks need to happen to make the product
- make a list of the tasks
- identify who is going to do each task, is it the same person for everything, can you get expert help from friends or the community
- when should the tasks be completed by
- make a timeline so you can see the timings for the tasks
- for each task, see what ideas you can find out
- are there exact products for you to get ideas from
- are there other products that are similar to get ideas from
- ask your friends for ideas
- write these down in a brainstorm, or list
- Who is going to use the product?, What do they want to see?
- Where is it going to be used?, What do these products usually look like?
- What does the design of this product need?
- What is it going to look like?
- Is it a poster that needs to be A4 or A3 or A2 size?
- What do you need to make it?
- Make a list of the exact things needed for this product; What software can you use to make it? Do you have to print it out? Upload to the internet?
- Make up at least 2 rough sketches for this design
- Think about different ways of how to make it look
- Make notes around your sketches to help explain the parts of the sketches
- Use arrows to point to the parts of the sketch you are explaining
- Choose which or your rough sketches to use
- Consider the research ideas and specifications above
- You are ready to start making your product
- Start making your design
- Use your chosen design sketch as a guide
- Ask for help with the software if you need help
Modify and Adapt
- While making it, ask your teacher or friends for feedback.
- eg Does this look like it will be a good poster for our Athletics Carnival coming up soon
- If you think their feedback will make a better product, then modify to adapt their ideas.
- You have finished.
- Time now to have a very close look at your product.
- Does it meet the needs of the task?
- Does it need to be changed?
- Have you got time to change it?
- If you were to do a similar product again, What would you change? How could you make it better?
For you to do.
1. Use these steps in the design process to create your digital designs.Learn more from techitoutuk
Found an error or enhancement? Please fill out this contact us form.