Concept of cloud computing 11 ATAR, 12 GEN
- means using the internet to do common desktop computer activities
- saving data
- using online apps; email, word processing, speadsheets, graphics, file conversion and more
- storing data in the cloud requires 3 things.
- an internet connection
- a username and password
- accepting a user agreement
- examples of cloud storage are google docs, oneDrive, dropbox, iCloud, Facebook and more
- the cloud is actually a collection of servers that store and transmit data
- Upload - you can upload your files
- download - you can download your files advantages
- no need to buy the software
- advantage - can be used from any device with an internet connection
- advantage - compatible with most devices and operating systems
- advantage - updates transfer automatically across devices eg calendar, email, notes, messages
- security problems
- disadvantage - privacy issues
- disadvantage - ownership of your data
- cloud computing works by a company setting up a website, people registering and logging in to that website and then people saving data into or out of that website.
FOR YOU TO DO
- Explain cloud computing
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing
- How does cloud computing work?
Found an error or enhancement? Please fill out this contact us form.