UPDATED MARCH 2022
Considerations for the purchase of hardware 11 ATAR, 12 GEN
- user needs
- considerations = what to think about
- purchase of hardware = purchase of any digital device
The current AIT syllabus dictates that cost, specifications and user needs are the items to be described for this topic.
- An important factor to consider is how much money is to be spent on this purchase.
- The final purchase will be a result of how much money is available to spend on this digital device.
- Included in the cost is the hardware, software, warranty and/or a digital device maintenance plan.
- What parts are going to be available for this purchase.
- Is this purchase for a laptop, a tablet, a desktop a server or other?
- If the device is decided upon, then what type of components will be used.
- Top of the range components are going to cost a lot more that medium range components.
- The individual who has this computer will have different needs to others who may want a digital device.
- A graphic designer will need a digital device with increased CPU speed, larger quantity of RAM, high end GPU and large screeen.
- A student who needs to research and type up documents will not need 'high end' components.
- The user needs dictates what type of digital device is purchasesd.
FOR YOU TO DO
- How does cost influence the type of digital device to be purchased?
- How does specifications influence the type of digital device to be purchased?
- How does user needs influence the type of digital device to be purchased?
- Research to describe a digital device that could be used by a graphic artist in their full time employment.
- Research to describe a digital device that could be used by a student in school.
Found an error or enhancement? Please use the contact form under the Home menu item.