- purpose of peripheral devices 11 GEN
- types of peripheral devices 11 ATAR, 12 GEN
- peripheral = can attach to a computer, but not essential
- device = computing hardware
- peripheral device = hardware that attaches to the computer to complete an additional function
- a peripheral device needs the computer to work
- a peripheral device cannot work without the computer
- the purpose of a peripheral device is to allow a computer to do an additional function
- additional functions include putting photos onto your computer, checking email and lots more
- categorised into input, output, storage, communication
- input = provides data to the computer eg keyboard, mouse, scanner, router/modem
- output = provides information from the computer, eg printer, screen, USB
FOR YOU TO DO
- What is the purpose of a peripheral device?
- List as many items as you can under the categories input devices and output devices
- If you have time, collect photos from the internet to enhance your list.
Found an error or enhancement? Please fill out this contact us form.